Skip to main content

Networking



By nature I am socially awkward, I would prefer to be in my house with my dog blogging (ha!).  Starting a business and living life in todays world, I have to come out of "my cave" so to speak.

The other day I thought how can I get Jae Investigations name out there?  One thought I had was contacting local news stations, perhaps a station would like to develop a piece on the importance of staying safe in todays dating world.  Thankfully, Fox News 17 responded to my inquiry.  We had an interview scheduled for yesterday, however had to reschedule for 2/13.  I am thankful for this opportunity, thank you Fox17!

Another piece of networking is meeting people, again socially awkward, I put my "big girl pants on" and went to an event.  At this networking event I was able to hand my card to several people, which is important to build business.  My hope is to garner some business from attending these events, if I don't gain business I can say I tried. 

Jae Investigations will be at the health and fit expo Feb. 15 at the Kalamazoo Expo Center.


Comments

  1. I ready your News 17 Story this morning. Congratulations from one Private Investigator to another. I also shared it to my company facebook page as I have a good following on there as well. Cheers to you from Philadelphia Surveillance Company and I wish you all the best in your success as an investigator. Email me if you ever have a need in Philadelphia or Pennsylvania. garydefinis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Building a Business

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback on the TV interview.  Many people have texted, messaged and phoned nice comments. I appreciate all of you for the kind words. I am going to provide a little background on me, without sharing a lot of personal information.  I have a M.A in Forensic Psychology and a MSW.  In other words, I am educated.  However, going through the motions of business building is not easy.  Someone texted me and told me I needed an editor for my blog.  I asked if my grammar was atrocious and they provided their opinion of "its not great".  Sure my grammar is not 100%, however I enjoy the authenticity of my blog, this is me.  I guess my point is maybe I need thicker skin too, unsolicited opinions will come often.  The next aspect of my business world is marketing.  Ironically, marketing starts with a "M" just like money.  I need a webpage, those are incredibly expensive.  Go Daddy is 1800$ to build a webpage, I am sure the page would

Avoid Scammers

Often we hear of people who talk with others on line and are scammed.  These are scary and real scenarios in the dating world.  The days of "courting" may be over *sigh*.  Here are 2 examples of questions to ask to help identify if someone you are talking with may be running a scam.  Although scams are highlighted more in the news, there are married people on these sites too.  This blog will focus on scams, the cheaters can be another day. Now, I am not saying all of these scenarios are scams, rather things to investigate. Perhaps the person you talking with is living on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, working to get to America on a Visa or a medical professional working internationally.  This could be a reality, a lot of people do this.  Below are two examples of questions you may want to ask your potential date. What high school did you attend?  Why ask this, see below Gives you ability to find person on the internet and "humanize" them. In the